+5
Thiele
Lee
blueandwhite
Scrunch
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:02 pm

South v West
Saturday 22 July
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

South had a shocker at the Bay, while West rustled some feathers in knocking over the Crows. Who will come away from Noarlunga victorious?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Given the arguments that South were having with each other, the coach I'll suggest west by 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 14: South v West - Saturday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Scrunch Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 am

Yep South for me, but a West win absolutely wouldn't surprise
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 pm

South with a few ins and a few outs.. most notably Rolfe to play his first game in 2 years, and Bass omitted. On paper South look good. Unfortunately not many games are won on paper, for South to win against a resurgent West they would need a massive and I mean massive turnaround from last weeks insipid performance.South by 1 pt.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 pm

West Adelaide will be without a pair of experienced campaigners for its clash with South on Saturday.
Captain Chris Schmidt (hamstring) and defender Logan Hill (calf) have succumbed to soft tissue injuries in a blow to the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
Former Geelong rookie Zac Bates returns from a knee complaint to be named on the wing while Tom Pillion, Josh Ryan and Jack Evans have all been added to the five-man extended interchange bench.
Half-back Errin Wasley-Black will play his 50th Macca’s League game.
League
F: Rankine, Silverlock, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Bates
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Wilson, Favretto

R: McPherson, Schiller, Fielke
INT: Pillion, J. Ryan, Noble, Haysman, J. Evans
IN: Pillion, Bates, J. Ryan, J. Evans
OUT: Hill (calf), Schmidt (hamstring)
Reserves
Waite, Head, Anderson, Smithson, Peter, Carger, Ryan, Heitmann, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Halkias, Fairlie, J. Stevens, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Caruso, May, Baker, Crump, Walton, Geddes-Ryan, Boots, Jones, Gibson, Hay, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Smithson, Stidiford, Rana, Woolridge, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm

If South don't get up for Nick Liddle's 150th it would be a disgrace.

As B&W has stated, South look good on paper so there are no excuses with losing this one.  Loss to Chris Schmidt and Hill will help the cause.

if we lose this one, alarm bells would be ringing.  

Well done to Liddle too.  A very loyal players who has stuck with us through thick and thin.  Not been lured by rival clubs when others have left for money and gain the easy premiership to their name.  A great bloke too.

South by 2 to 3 goals.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Pretty gutsy win by West. Green was a late withdrawal joining Schmidt & Hill on the sidelines.

West's form has improved since Tyler McPherson has been rucking, while several players' form has picked up.

Mason Middleton took another great pack mark, John Noble and Josh Stevens kicked important goals, while Kaine Stephens was again dominant and Josh Schiller continued his good form.

Although South looked dangerous at times, West's first quarter was outstanding and set the win up.

4 out of the last 5 now.

Better than the first half of the season.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Refer to my post above......

What a disgrace ! Evil or Very Mad

*ring ring*

Too angry to post much else tonight.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Good win by the boys. Great first 1/4 that set the game up. Nice to meet Scott today
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Would think South would give Hocking more than 1 season
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Would think South would give Hocking more than 1 season

Hasn't he only got a one year contract?

Sadly for coach Hocking he isn't up to being the number one in charge & I mentioned this at the start of the year

Could a prodigal son return to coach next season?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:58 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Would think South would give Hocking more than 1 season

We have him for 2 seasons. Next year too (2018).
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 am

From afar (I was at Prospect) I assume West had a strong breeze early & bottled it up beautifully after that, if that's correct then the toss might have been crucial
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum