South Australian Country Football Digest

2 posters

Go down

South Australian Country Football Digest Empty South Australian Country Football Digest

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Peter Lines wrote: My second book entitled 'South Australian Country Football Digest' has been completed and is in the hands of my publisher. I am estimating a release date in 6-8 weeks providing all goes well.

'The Digest' contains 380 pages of South Australian country football history, statistics, records and stories. The new book features over 100 team photographs, more than 50 player profiles and the histories of more than 150 South Australian country football leagues and associations.

While the country football theme of my first book 'Encyclopedia of South Australian Football Clubs' remains the 'South Australian Country Football Digest' will contain more on the individuals in country football from the players through to administrators and umpires.

The Digest is written in three sections -:

Section I -: Is a brief history of every association and league that has ever been formed. Each member club is mentioned with their colours and home ground together with the names of a few of their key players.

Section II -: Is a country football records section which features lists of most games played, most goals scored (career, year and match), most years as coach, captain and lists on many more topics. Long serving administrators at league and club level are listed and there is even a list on who has the largest football oval. There also club records for highest scores, most premierships, premiership droughts and interclub rivalries.

Section III -: Contains lists of every country bred footballer who had a career in SANFL or AFL/VFL football. Players are listed under the club they played for with games played, club of origin and years played.

Interspersed throughout the book are more than 50 profiles of footballers, coaches, administrators and umpires. Ken Eustice, Alf Skuse, Kevin McSporran and Jason McKenzie are just a sample of those profiled.

I don't have a price for the book yet as I am yet to receive a quote. So I will begin taking orders when I fix a price and give details on how to obtain a copy.

Thank you

Peter Lines
bplines@bigpond.com

Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

South Australian Country Football Digest Empty Re: South Australian Country Football Digest

Post by A Mum Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Awesome stuff by/for Peter.
Wishing him every success with this second book.

South Australian Country Football Digest 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum