Glenelg

5 posters

Go down

Glenelg Empty Glenelg

Post by blacky Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am

With the grandstand being bulldoze I'm hearing the visitors change rooms are being located behind the scoreboard at the southern end
blacky
blacky

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Glenelg Empty Re: Glenelg

Post by UncleHuey Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

That is correct. There is an old meeting hall that is being upgraded. The home team will be operating in temporary rooms under the function centre. Not sure what will happen after this season as the council is the landowner.
Depends on what the insurance company will pay and what the longer term plans are. The council want to do a bigger development but plans are not very well advanced as far as I know so long term is a bit up in the air.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:40 pm

UncleHuey wrote:That is correct. There is an old meeting hall that is being upgraded. The home team will be operating in temporary rooms under the function centre. Not sure what will happen after this season as the council is the landowner.
Depends on what the insurance company will pay and what the longer term plans are. The council want to do a bigger development but plans are not very well advanced as far as I know so long term is a bit up in the air.

Not having a dig at the bays no offence.
Channel 7 news reported last night there are plans but nothing released yet . Then said the council is spending 15 million dollars to upgrade Brighton oval .
Seems the council moves at a snails pace imho .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:54 pm

The council basically doesn't want to spend much money now & then more when the original upgrade gets the go ahead, actually makes sense to me, as for the away team, yes will be coming from one of those buildings behind the scoreboard, someone said it is the one that's used for weighing babies etc but I'm not sure if that is correct or not (as in which building)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:48 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:That is correct. There is an old meeting hall that is being upgraded. The home team will be operating in temporary rooms under the function centre. Not sure what will happen after this season as the council is the landowner.

Channel 7 news reported last night there are plans but nothing released yet . Then said the council is spending 15 million dollars to upgrade Brighton oval .

I agree Micky. The council are split between those who want to support the club and those who, I suspect, would love to see it close so the land can be flogged off to a developer.
They do move at a snails pace which doesn't help the club.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I agree Micky. The council are split between those who want to support the club and those who, I suspect, would love to see it close so the land can be flogged off to a developer.
They do move at a snails pace which doesn't help the club.

Not to attack the glenelg council but when i needed to rent i rented a town house next to richmond oval .
Glenelg councils arguments over those lights amazed me moving into a town house next to an oval with lights they cause zero issues to residents
anyway moving along no offence to anyone
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Issues with residents, councils & so forth about lighting ovals for sport has been going on for many years, how long did it take for the footy park lights to get the go ahead ? unfortunately people only think of themselves & not the greater community in most things in life
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

bayman wrote:Issues with residents, councils & so forth about lighting ovals for sport has been going on for many years, how long did it take for the footy park lights to get the go ahead ? unfortunately people only think of themselves & not the greater community in most things in life

That's true
As I say as a resident near Richmond oval no issues with the lights
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 pm

What's the latest with the grandstand and changerooms rebuild?

Is it tracking on schedule?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Bulldozed at seasons end was the latest I heard, may have changed since then though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down