A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team

3 posters

Go down

A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team Empty A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Jonathon Beech might be the first player to do so; out of the 18 players who have won premierships with different clubs, the closest are:

John Reedman - South (1898) North (1900)
Ernie Jones - South (1898) North (1900)
Peter Anderson - North (1971) Glenelg (1973)
Michael Nunan - Sturt (1976) Norwood (1978)

The first two players changed clubs due to the compulsory enforcement of electorate football.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team Empty Re: A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:53 pm

I had asked the same question about Jono Beech at Adelaide Oval today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could not think of anyone who had achieved the feat of winning 2 SANFL flags in consecutive years for 2 different SANFL clubs

Also Jonos former team has also a chance to make history in 2017
West Adelaide can create a first IF
IF they win the 2017 flag, they will become the only SANFL team to :
Go top
Go bottom
Go top
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team Empty Re: A player winning back to back flags, but not with the same team

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 pm

spell_check wrote:Jonathon Beech might be the first player to do so; out of the 18 players who have won premierships with different clubs, the closest are:

John Reedman - South (1898) North (1900)
Ernie Jones - South (1898) North (1900)
Peter Anderson  - North (1971) Glenelg (1973)
Michael Nunan - Sturt (1976) Norwood (1978)

The first two players changed clubs due to the compulsory enforcement of electorate football.

In all four cases the players won their second flag against their previous club.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:01 pm

About 2.20pm today I had that popped into mind...what time did you have it?  I actually thought about the electorate change, but South had won it in 1898 and 1899, so that ruled that out.  Also, Adrian Rebbeck came to mind, but he played for North in 1973...it was Peter Anderson instead of that time who came close.

And rocket_rooster, so they did...that didn't come to mind when looking at that!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Spelly
I thought that today close to quarter time of the SA V AC final
So probably close to one oclock

Rocket well spotted on the players against the previous clubs bizzo
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Can Lienert do it this year? If he does will it be against his old side.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:51 pm

I found another player to have won a premiership with 2 different clubs in the space of 3 seasons:

Lance Leak - Sturt (1932) Glenelg (1934)

There's been 21 players to have won a premiership with multiple clubs, with Fred Curnow winning one at three - Port (1910) Sturt (1915) and North (1920)
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down