R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port

4 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port Empty R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:05 am

Well, we're at the final round.

Adelaide will be looking to confirm a top 2 spot by beating West Coast on Friday night, while Port will close out their disappointing 2016 with a trip to the Gold Coast (convenient for mad Monday celebrations!).

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port Empty Re: R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port

Post by UncleHuey Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:35 pm

A potential top spot looms for a big win or a slide down to 5th for a loss. Adelaide should smash the eagles who are usually poor away from home and doubly so when Nic Nat isn't playing. Jacobs should provide first use of the ball around the ground and the crows midfield, even without Sloane, should be too strong.
Eagles have some good forwards but I can't see the ball being down there enough for it to be a problem.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port Empty Re: R23 - Adelaide v West Coast & GC v Port

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm relatively confident about Adelaide's chances tomorrow night - not sure we'll smash them though.

They have been in good form of late, and have beaten GWS & Hawthorn in the past fortnight. They would fancy their chances I reckon.

Still, Adelaide on their home deck in their final game of the season, and in prime time, they should get the job done.

The crowd will be up and about for this game I reckon. The Eddie chant will go up loud and proud if/when he kicks his first one.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Well that was crap.

I did pick West Coast but we were insipid.

Most just played their worse game of the year.

Think it will be a mistake if Thompson goes around again.

Mackay just argh
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:31 pm

well i said to a couple of people who were heading off to the football tonight that if they can't win at home then they have no hope of winning a flag, while every team can have an off day/night i'll stand by those thoughts
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 am

Worst game of the year by a long stretch. Not ideal at all going into finals.

BUT

We are in finals. That's the bottom line. And this is the most even year for a long time. Apparently it's the first time ever that 16 wins has not been enough to make the top 4.

I still think Adelaide's best footy is good enough, and I think the path they have before them now from 5th is also achievable if they bring their best footy.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:16 pm

i'll say this, perhaps they had their 'bad game' at the right time & it could prove beneficial in the next few weeks, however i doubt it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 am

bayman wrote:i'll say this, perhaps they had their 'bad game' at the right time & it could prove beneficial in the next few weeks, however i doubt it

Yea, I have to admit, before that game I genuinely expected Adelaide to give things a shake this year. After that game I've downgraded my 'expectation' back to the usual 'hope' instead.

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall for another disappointing September.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down