Worth a read

2 posters

Go down

Worth a read Empty Worth a read

Post by Scrunch Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:03 am

Whilst it has an AFL component, I thought Tom Chadwick's article (http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/emotion-from-phil-walshs-passing-may-carry-united-adelaide-crows-to-2016-premiership-writes-tom-chadwick/news-story/5413f11cddde4ddf99ddb2fcc24a5a3b) yesterday was outstanding. Must have been a difficult one for Tom given he was so close to the tragedy, but to write about something so horrific, yet capture so much positivity and spirit from so many young people, is a credit to him and all involved.

Apologies to the Westies folk on here because I'd imagine it must have been a super tough time for you (and all involved with the club + Jake's family and friends), but this for me definitely fits into the category of select issues that should never be forgotten, and always honoured, within our footy community.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Worth a read Empty Re: Worth a read

Post by Lee Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks, Scrunch.

I've posted the article on the Bloods' Forum also.

It was a very tough time at Westies. I was closely there that day and no words can ever describe the sadness and disbelief at what happened with Jake.

It was followed the following year by the sudden loss of youngsters Glenn Knott and Ben Mitchell and in more recent times, Corey Siemers.

Tom's article is a caring tribute.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Yes terribly tough time for the club and all involved .. Thankfully I guess you had each other and were able to get through. Hope and pray such tragedies dont affect any of our clubs again in the future.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum