R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood

4 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood Empty R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:36 am

Port travel to Melbourne to take on a faltering North in the Saturday twilight game. Adelaide follow on Saturday night, hosting Collingwood at what will be a full AO for Scott Thompson's 300th game.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood Empty Re: R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:11 pm

The game on Saturday night has become a little bit more interesting with Collingwoods big away win over GWS last week. Before that result you would’ve suggested Adelaide by plenty, but it doesn’t look like such an easy task now.

That said, it would take a dramatic reversal in form for Adelaide to lose this one IMO. They have produced solid, consistent performances all season on the back of the continued even contribution of the entire 22 picked every week. They have also been on a steady improvement curve for the majority of the season with the only ‘blip’ being a disappointing performance against Geelong at home way back in round 8. A night game in front of what I expect to be close to a full house, and with Thommo’s 300th on top of that – I can’t see Adelaide dropping this one.

As with the last 2 weeks there’s every chance that Collingwood will go with them for the first half, but after that I expect Adelaide’s discipline, structures, and superior fitness will give them the advantage and they will grind out another win and move into the top 2 on the ladder.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood Empty Re: R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:50 pm

I think the Crows should win this one comfortably. Collingwood had a good game but have shown no ability to play consistently. The crows midfield is too strong and I cant see that Collingwood has the defenders to go with Adelaide's varied attack.

Port are a smoky this week. North has been exposed in last month and has dropped off the pace. Their tall forwards who did so much damage in the first 10 weeks are all in a form slump. If Port can play disciplined aggressive footy they are a chance to sneak this one and keep their faint finals chances alive.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:34 pm

I agree about Port, chance to cause an upset for sure. The Melbourne press will be all over North like a rash if they drop this game!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 am

Laird out for Adelaide, Seedsman comes in. Some hip soreness apparently and the club is being cautious.

Tightens things up a little bit as Laird is top shelf. Still confident though.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Adelaide did what it needed to do to get a win. Wasn't their best performance for the year but we'll take the 4 points.

Port was impressive, totally smashed north Adelaide, albeit helped by some wayward kicking. They are a real chance of making the finals now unless North can turn around their season.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 pm

That was one of Collingwood's better performances for the year and we still beat them by 5 goals. We're going alright.

This week will be a great test for them and give us a good gauge of where Adelaide are truly at.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:52 pm

A bit of discussion about Collingwood players not staying out on the ground to 'see off' Scott Thompson in his 300th game... but on the same token, was great to see Ben Hart run quite a length of the oval to make sure he shook Thommo's hand before disappearing into the change rooms with the rest of the Collingwood team/coaches...
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:49 pm

A Mum wrote:A bit of discussion about Collingwood players not staying out on the ground to 'see off' Scott Thompson in his 300th game... but on the same token, was great to see Ben Hart run quite a length of the oval to make sure he shook Thommo's hand before disappearing into the change rooms with the rest of the Collingwood team/coaches...

Interesting one that one. Can't say I noticed it on the night to be honest.

I'm not sure Thommo would've been too fussed by it, he doesn't seem to really enjoy being the centre of attention anyway!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:47 am

Gingernuts wrote:
A Mum wrote:A bit of discussion about Collingwood players not staying out on the ground to 'see off' Scott Thompson in his 300th game... but on the same token, was great to see Ben Hart run quite a length of the oval to make sure he shook Thommo's hand before disappearing into the change rooms with the rest of the Collingwood team/coaches...

Interesting one that one. Can't say I noticed it on the night to be honest.

I'm not sure Thommo would've been too fussed by it, he doesn't seem to really enjoy being the centre of attention anyway!

Yes I never noticed it on the night either - till someone pointed it out R17 - North v Port & Adelaide v Collingwood 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:58 pm

i'm not a wrap for Collingwood but really who cares ?
i'll presume players shook hands at the end of the match & i'll presume there was no medal for a best player (Ben Hart Medal) given out, so if i presume correctly who cares if Collingwood stayed on or not, it is not disrespectful & i'm sure Scott was happy to be celebrating with team mates both past & present, fans & more importantly than that, his family
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down