R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide

+2
Lee
UncleHuey
6 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide Empty R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:31 am

Port are coming off a good win over Richmond and face a Hawthorn side they've had a good record over in recent times.

Adelaide got the job done against a plucky Melbourne outfit and face a Carlton side that have been plucky against the Crows in recent times.

Are both sides going to continue their winning ways this weekend?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide Empty Re: R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:57 pm

No and yes. Can't see Port beating a Hawthorn team now the pointy end of the season is approaching.
Adelaide, assuming they can fix their turnover problem should beat Carlton comfortably.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide Empty Re: R16 - Port v Hawthorn/Carlton v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:29 am

Hawthorn. Still the team to beat?

I think so. We talk about them being beatable this season, but when the going get's tough they just find another gear. Impressive how they've been able to keep renewing their list and get contributors into their team. The youngsters come in and just know their role and play it beautifully.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:25 am

Hawthorn were always going to win, but I have to say the umpires didn't do Port any favours, especially in the second half.

One umpire in particular.

Apart from that, I think Port have one or two players who play well when the team plays well and disappear when they don't.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:27 am

Yep, nowhere near enough contributors.

Been chatting with a mate about the fact that Hawthorn have somehow built a 'hype' about them that seems to draw admiration and favouritism from all quarters, even umpires. I'm not suggesting that umpires deliberately give the Hawks favourable treatment - but I do think that they have been such a good side for so long that this has an impact on the mindset of those around them.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Hawks definitely got the benefit of some close decisions. I also think they got away with a few elbows and knees being driven into players under the guise of "contesting for a mark'.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:59 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Hawks definitely got the benefit of some close decisions. I also think they got away with a few elbows and knees being driven into players under the guise of "contesting for a mark'.

Why do I immediately think of Hodge???
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 am

Excellent, disciplined win again by Adelaide yesterday I thought.

Challenging conditions and some decent pressure in the first half from Carlton and they still ground out a ten goal win.

Nothing pretty about it, just went over there and got the job done.

Next!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:44 am

They have a revitalised Collingwood, with good players back from injury, and they are "due" to drop a game. The slightest sign of complacency, and..........! Not to be pessimistic, just wary of Collingwood, and the good run Adelaide have had.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:59 am

RODH2 wrote: They have a revitalised Collingwood, with good players back from injury, and they are "due" to drop a game. The slightest sign of complacency, and..........! Not to be pessimistic, just wary of Collingwood, and the good run Adelaide have had.

If it was in Melbourne I'd share your concern, but at the Adelaide over in front of 50 odd thousand on a Saturday night, I think they'll do okay.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by William Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 pm

I think some of the umpiring in the AFL games that I have seen is a joke couldn't believe some of the frees payed on Thursday night. Having said thought port played ok, still some things to work out like ruck and key defenders which may be fixed when injured and suspended players come back?
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Was hilarious at the footy on Sunday.

Some Carlton turkey was harping on about how the umpires were gifting Eddie Betts goals. He went mysteriously quiet when Armfield got his third goal from an umpiring decision (a correct call IMO). Then when Silvagni got a free kick he was harping on about the umpires finally given Carlton a shot a goal from a free. He went quiet very quickly when I yelled out Carlton already got a goal from a free kick Very Happy

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down