Booney
Paul
William
Ben W
12 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port - Page 2 Empty Re: R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:21 am

First game of the year I've not been at and what a cracker. Am absolutely loving the way we're playing at the moment. Cheney is having a great year and yesterday was The first time I've seen Rory Atkins step up and really stamp his authority on some contests. What I love most is that these young blokes are really looking composed under pressure- amazingly quick hands to get the ball out of a tight spot and then taking their time with kicks to move the ball on. It's exciting but played at a hectic pace- I'm hoping we can keep the pressure up all season- our fitness will definitely be tested by this game style as the season goes on.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port - Page 2 Empty Re: R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 am

Magnificent contest wasn't it?

I was at the game and you could tell even before the first bounce that we were in for a special game, there was a real buzz about the AO.

One of the best games Adelaide have played in a long time.

Sets things up for another special contest this Friday night against the reigning premiers.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm

What is going on with Port, that was a bit crap....? (again)
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Port are an absolute rabble at the moment.

There are some very talented players taking to the field that are just not performing at all.

Very disappointing for Port fans, particularly as they've boldly stated over the last few years that they will 'never give up'. Really not living up to that mantra at the moment that's for sure.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm

I haven't seen a "never give up" ad since the Showdown where Port gave up.

Gobsmacked at the insipid display provided on the weekend, even players like Boak and Wines who would run through cement if asked to looked disinterested and slow.
The season is not over, they have 3 very winnable games coming up to establish some momentum but Port wouldn't want to drop more then 1 of them.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:23 pm

Just on the Adelaide game, the things that pleased me in particular were:

- Kyle Hartigan. He has taken his game up a notch this year. In retrospect not picking him for Round 1 was an error. He is playing with confidence, and more importantly playing 'bravely' at crucial times (i.e. running off his man to provide support).

- Composure. There was probably 2 or 3 times in that second half where I thought Adelaide would start to crumble as they have in previous seasons against the top sides. They didn't. They kept their composure and more importantly stuck to their game plan and continued to attack and look for scoring opportunities.

- Even Contributions. It's starting to happen week in week out now, no standout performances necessarily, just an even contribution for the team, and different players bobbing up each week in the crucial moments. Great to watch, and incredibly tough for opposition sides to combat.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm

serious question, is Ken Hinkley safe ? i was told by a staunch Port man 2 or 3 weeks ago that he should go & thought he would, this amazed me but maybe somethings not quite right at Alberton
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:02 am

bayman wrote:serious question, is Ken Hinkley safe ? i was told by a staunch Port man 2 or 3 weeks ago that he should go & thought he would, this amazed me but maybe somethings not quite right at Alberton

Somethings not right in wharfie land
Recruit ex Essendon players who might get suspended and they do .
Then scream blue murder they want top up players then cry when they don't get them
Delist Redden then go to him we will rookie list you no thanks he says .... That's been reported on sights .
They got players back who didn't perform and players got reported and got off lightly.

Media had port finishing really high up preseason funny that
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2