R3 - Port v Essendon & Richmond v Adelaide

+2
bayman
Ben W
6 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

R3 - Port v Essendon & Richmond v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R3 - Port v Essendon & Richmond v Adelaide

Post by Booney Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:36 am

I think the thing with Sydney and Hawthorn is their systems are proven over time, as the Kangaroos was in round 1. Port and Richmond might have some star power ( I think we have more guns than them ) but the system isn't at a point that it is tested and true.

Sydney and the Hawks will be far harder to score against as their midfield can strangle sides and they have a smart back half. Will be interesting on Saturday night. If Adelaide win, can they keep this up all year?

Port Friday night? Firstly, I'd hate to be an Essendon supporter, imagine watching 22 round of that rubbish in one year? They managed, as they will for most sides, to get in your way for periods of time without threatening you. We did what we had to and if we're copping it for a 10 goal win, so be it.

GWS in Canberra then the Cats on a Saturday night here, win one and we're 3-2 and hardly in dire straights. After that, Richmond, Brisbane and Carlton.

Probably 5-3 and alongside your mob. Much easier draw, but probably less fuel tickets spent getting there too. 6 players down, Hartlett, Wingard, Schulz, White, Monfried and Ryder.

If you said 4-4 or 5-3 with them missing, yep, that'll do thanks.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

R3 - Port v Essendon & Richmond v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R3 - Port v Essendon & Richmond v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:50 am

Yea I agree, I think this season will still pan out okay for Port given their draw over the next few weeks.

If they can get the job done against the teams they should and do it without adding to the injury list too much then they should be in a good position to make finals still.

Re Adelaide going all year, I think that will be the challenge. Sides are still trying to work us out at the moment so we're jagging some good wins, but all that needs to happen is for one team to find a way to combat what we're doing currently and then the others will follow. That's when the rubber will really hit the road and we'll see what Pyke and his squad are made of.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am

Happened to Port in '15, sides worked us out, it's yet to happen to the Bulldogs from their '15 form and Adelaide are the ones doing the good work early in '16.

Agreed, it will be worked out, most likely as noted above by the Swans or Hawks, there's a reason they've been as good as they have for as long as they have.

While we've copped some injuries you'll get your turn at some point, I imagine. If or when you do while you have some depth going well in the SANFL we all know it's a step up. You're biggest asset in your depth is they aren't kids, the likes of Otten, van Berlo, Cameron, Lyons, CEY, they all have spent enough time at AFL level to know whats expected.

We all knew you;d hit the ground running after the preseason you had and knowing the draw you faced in the first 10 weeks and after that it might not be the opposition you play but the run you have left in your own tank.

Burton wasn't a great success as High Performance Manager at Brisbane, more resources and a better set up here, no doubt, but pressure will be on him mid season to keep the squad as fresh as he can.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2