Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

WAFL Team News and Discussion Empty Re: WAFL Team News and Discussion

Post by Swandog Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 am

Lee wrote:Thread for any WAFL team news and discussion

That's great Lee, much appreciated! I will put the word out Smile

Some Swans news is promising young goal sneak Aiden Anderson who disappeared last year is back on the track, he needs to do a lot of work but perhaps the influence of the delisted Eagle and original Black Duck in Murray Newman in his role as Indigenous officer has helped to get him back. This will make our forward line hard to handle Very Happy !!
Swandog
Swandog

Teams : Swan Districts (WAFL)
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:28 pm

It was good news to hear that East Fremantle were able to sign delisted Carlton Forward Matthew Wilson, He has managed 23 matches over 5 seasons and his attitude is to put his head down and have another go at getting selected. West Perth went pretty hard to try and get him signed but great to see that he we won out at the end of the day, will be a good boost to our own forward line anyway!

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swandog Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 am

Ben W wrote:It was good news to hear that East Fremantle were able to sign delisted Carlton Forward Matthew Wilson, He has managed 23 matches over 5 seasons and his attitude is to put his head down and have another go at getting selected. West Perth went pretty hard to try and get him signed but great to see that he we won out at the end of the day, will be a good boost to our own forward line anyway!

I think EF will struggle TBH mate, bottom 2 is my tip, midfield has lost a lot, but with Wiley in charge you never know!
Swandog
Swandog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 am

I guess hope springs eternal SD, yet my tip is perhaps the reverse in that I see the Sharks improving and being a part of the finals this season.

My reasoning is that I feel that our admin have worked overtime in the off season to make some good decisions about putting the right people in and around the club to do what needs to be done. Wiley is an excellent get for the club, yet so is getting the likes of Luke McPharlin and Phil Matera into assistant coaching roles. There still may be some more news to come on the recruiting front, yet I can confirm that Brett Peake is training with us at the moment pending an announcement on his commitment to this season.

I think there can be quite a lot to gain by putting an experienced ex AFL Assistant Coach at the reigns of a WAFL club. South Adelaide were able to get Brad Gotch in from the Power and his game plans and training schedules turned the club around pretty much overnight. I think the capacity for East Fremantle to take the next step this season is very likely and I suspect we might surprise a few despite our form last season!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swandog Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Ben W wrote:I guess hope springs eternal SD, yet my tip is perhaps the reverse in that I see the Sharks improving and being a part of the finals this season.

My reasoning is that I feel that our admin have worked overtime in the off season to make some good decisions about putting the right people in and around the club to do what needs to be done. Wiley is an excellent get for the club, yet so is getting the likes of Luke McPharlin and Phil Matera into assistant coaching roles. There still may be some more news to come on the recruiting front, yet I can confirm that Brett Peake is training with us at the moment pending an announcement on his commitment to this season.

I think there can be quite a lot to gain by putting an experienced ex AFL Assistant Coach at the reigns of a WAFL club. South Adelaide were able to get Brad Gotch in from the Power and his game plans and training schedules turned the club around pretty much overnight. I think the capacity for East Fremantle to take the next step this season is very likely and I suspect we might surprise a few despite our form last season!

Yeh you make excellent points there ! I should clarify my thoughts a little, that I think it will be a chop up until the end with no more than a few games separating 2nd and 8th. Should be a ripper year, and I hope I am smiling after round 1 at Shark Park Very Happy lol
Swandog
Swandog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum