R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs

+2
bayman
Paul
6 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs Empty R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Adelaide are coming off a cracking game against Fremantle that will give them a lot of confidence despite not securing the points. They also have some significant names back from injury and available for selection this week in Sloane, Smith, Douglas & B Crouch. They are up against the basketcase of the competition Carlton this week.

Port have a home match up with the Bulldogs in what will be a cracking game of football.

Post away your thoughts....
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs Empty Re: R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs

Post by Paul Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Horrible feeling about this week. Rarely do we beat Carlton anywhere let alone in Melbourne.

Port are certainties.

Carlton by 26
Port by 58 if dry, maybe 20-30 if wet.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs Empty Re: R10 2015 - Carlton v Adelaide & Port v Bulldogs

Post by bayman Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Gingernuts wrote: They are up against the basketcase of the competition Carlton this week.

Gn, i agree with the rest of your post, however i'd suggest if you compare lists, Gold Coast are the ''basket case'' of the competition ahead of Carlton
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:07 am

I'd prefer Gold Coast's list over Carlton's! GC have talented kids that seem to have lost their way a bit - Carlton have no talent at all, they are just out and out spuds.

I honestly don't believe Carlton can beat Adelaide this weekend. I think Adelaide will have a 50+ point win with Sloane, Douglas and Smith all coming back in to strengthen a side that pushed Freo last week.

I have no idea what will happen in the Port game. They seemed to return to form a bit last week against Melbourne and should beat the Doggies at home, but there would be a lot of Port fans nervous about this one after what their team has served up in the last month.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

I think the Crows will do a demolition job on Carlton.

I reckon the Port game is a bit iffy. If they serve up what was on offer against Richmond they will lose. If their form from the second half week carries into this week they will win. I wouldn't underestimate the Bulldogs, they have played some very good footy this year.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 am

Adelaide have the unenviable task of heading into a match they can't lose. They suck big time.
I can't see Carlton getting near them though.Murphy, Judd and Kreuzer are big ins for Carlton, but I cant see that being anywhere near enough.

Ginge, why bring Sloane back with the bye next weekend? Seems a risk not worth taking IMO.

Adelaide by plenty, Carlton are rubbish. ( Watch Carlton win lol )

Here, Port have a timely match up with the Bulldogs. We're not in the type of nick to beat a form side just yet and the Dogs, like us, are just emerging from a rough patch. They'd be thinking Port in Adelaide is a good test for them, I reakon this one will be a ripper.

Bontempelli and Picken are big outs for them, handy for us.

I think Port by 5 goals and find some momentum before Geelong Friday in night footy in Adelaide then Carlton at the G and the bye.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Booney wrote:Ginge, why bring Sloane back with the bye next weekend? Seems a risk not worth taking IMO.

If he's fit then play him. With a cheek fracture like that the docs wouldn't clear him if he wasn't fit.

It's easy to sit here and say we'll beat Carlton without him - but as we found out last year and your mob has found out this year, there is nothing more costly than dropping a game you should win comfortably. Almost feel like they're worth double points when you drop one.

Nope, if he's fit then get him in and make sure of it. We're not good enough yet to be resting players against anyone, even Carlton.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Walsh this morning:

"There's a phrase for 'getting close'... It's called losing.

"We don't like losing."

Love it. Super keen to see how they come out this weekend.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Well we didn't lose but we did our best. Really tough game due to our skills dropping significantly but I was delighted to get away with the win. Just home from the game so haven't looked at the stats but I thought Rory Laird was outstanding for us. Hartigan was solid and I'm still a fan despite many fellow crows supporters having no time for him. I thought at the beginning of the year that both VB and Thommo might find it hard to break into the team, now I can't see them out of it. I think both are playing really well, much better than I expected. Generally when a forward kicks 5 you'd be pretty happy with their output but I've seen Jenkins play a lot better than he did today for less return. Still, getting his hands on the footy and kicking a lazy 5 must help his confidence so hopefully it's the start of some good form for him. Happy to get to the bye at 6-4, there's a long way to go in the season but we're not too badly placed. Fingers crossed.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:59 am

Good summary of the game there mate, my thoughts echo yours.

Way closer than I wanted it to be, but there was always the danger that Carlton would show more effort for the new coach and boy did they. The important thing is we still found a way to win, and in the last couple of years we would have dropped that game.

Laird is coming on beautifully isn't he? Quickly becoming one of my favourite players.

Been a bit disappointed with Walker over the last couple of weeks. He's had relatively easy set shots at key moments in both games, and chocked badly. That poster right in front was a shocker. Need more from the captain in those situations.

Still plenty to work on, but 6-4 and 5th on the ladder is handy. Douglas and Crouch both carved up in the SANFL yesterday also and will be primed to come back in after the bye.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Yep- Laird is a cracker. After the game Darren Millburn gave him a good wrap too. If only he was a bit taller!
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down