one day domestic matches...disgrace again

4 posters

Go down

one day domestic matches...disgrace again  Empty one day domestic matches...disgrace again

Post by bayman Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:12 pm

last years one day domestic matches were all played in NSW, this year it has ''expanded'' to include Queensland, but why can't we have the traditional home & away series ? taking kids to matches gets them more interested in the game than having it on the tv or being streamed, it is a million dollar industry so i can't see it being a dollar saving exercise
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

one day domestic matches...disgrace again  Empty Re: one day domestic matches...disgrace again

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Yep with you there.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

one day domestic matches...disgrace again  Empty Re: one day domestic matches...disgrace again

Post by Scrappy Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 pm

The move to have these games all being played played interstate has worked
For the first time in my lifetime, I have lost interest in following the O/D domestic season

Last edited by Scrappy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:43 pm

both games today won by the toss, the winning teams put the opposition in & won, QLD in fact got the double bonus point, starting very early will never help the team batting first & no toss of the coin should dictate the result of a match, there is obviously too much moisture in the pitch early on, have day/night matches & be done with it, 2 games coming up on Monday with QLD v NSW at Allan Border field, which is also a day game (back the team batting second Wink ) & Victoria v South Australia at the 'Gabba this amazingly is a day/night match & will be shown on Gem
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:34 am

Will they play these games in Adelaide for one season ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Scrappy wrote:Will they play these games in Adelaide for one season ?

doubtful i would think...........this is apparently to get them used to the world cup early next year with not much time between matches, yet some of the players that'll be picked are in Dubai to play Pakistan....so with that reason in mind why were all matches played in quick succession in NSW last year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 pm

SA lost again.

Ross looked very impressive, but both he and Head got out soon after their 50's.

I reckon White scores big runs in almost every game against SA.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:26 pm

the Redbacks' threw away silly wickets when in control during the middle of their innings & in turn we fell about 40 runs short of what they looked like making, as for White well he was lucky was given not out to an lbw appeal to Botha, both live & then the replay showed the ball was missing the leg & off stumps, but that's the way it goes, at least the day/night match gave both teams a chance unlike the day matches which give the team batting second a decisive advantage, hopefully we bat second in the morning & have that advantage..........for those that'll be home it will be telecasted on GEM
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 am

This whole competition has been farcical.

From the win the toss, win the match games, to huge scores on a road pitch, it has passed with barely being noticed.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum