Booney
valleys07
Paul
Gingernuts
9 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Port v Fremantle & Adelaide v St Kilda - Page 2 Empty Re: Port v Fremantle & Adelaide v St Kilda

Post by Gingernuts Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 am

Ben W wrote:I just have a feeling that if the Crows lose to St Kilda this weekend, Sanderson will not coach the side in 2015, either by jumping or being pushed....

Well, I hope your a long way off with that call to be honest Ben.

My personal feeling is that the Club is at a key cross road in it's history right now.

I was going to save this for my post season review, but IMO this coming pre-season is one of real opportunity for the Club, and one of the most important in the Club's history:

- New CEO
- New List Manager
- New Senior Assistant
- Back in the draft
- Sign key players

Get all those decisions right, and the Club will find the extra 10-20% it needs to go from pretender to contender. Get them wrong, and we are cooked for a decade. Stability is what is needed right now, and Sanderson going would put the signing of key players in jeopardy also. Dangerfield has openly said he wants to stay while Sanderson is at the helm.

Sanderson has 1 more season to prove himself IMO. If we get to this time next year and we're still in the same situation, then he will and should go.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Port v Fremantle & Adelaide v St Kilda - Page 2 Empty Re: Port v Fremantle & Adelaide v St Kilda

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Freo wll win narrowly in Perth. Adelaide will win comfortably but will miss the finals as West Coast will smash Gold Coast. Losses to Melbourne and Carlton when they had more scoring shots coming back to haunt them.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Melbourne, West Coast, Richmond at home, and Carlton away are the games that killed Adelaide's season.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Stock take at work.....( AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ) so no real time to do a write up.

Port - Fast team play, Pav to be a cagey late withdrawl. Port to win by 21 points.

Adelaide - St's to fire up for Lenny early, push Adelaide for a bit but ultimately be far from good enough. Adelaide by 64 points.

West Coast to beat Gold Coast comfortably, Richmond to give the Swans a scare. Adelaide to finish 9th.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:54 pm

9th would flatter Adelaide.

Have a feeling Saints will really fire up for Lenny, plus the incentive to not finish bottom. West Coast have been like Adelaide most of the year, all over the shop. Richmond will make it.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Looks like the first domino has fallen the right way for Adelaide.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:57 am

Gingernuts wrote:Looks like the first domino has fallen the right way for Adelaide.

Well the rest didn't unfortunately. No one to blame but ourselves though, and no one could argue the Richmond don't deserve to be there.

Enjoyed the game yesterday. Took my near 3 year old along and she loved it, and I loved sharing it with her. She was shouting out 'Go Crows' at random times and getting into the 'Ark Ark' after every goal, was very funny and provided a bit of entertainment for the people around us. Laughing

A great send off for both Lenny Hayes and Ben Rutten as well, one of the best I've seen. Probably one of the only benefits of not making finals was that they occasion for both could be marked properly.

Back to the drawing board now. Long Summer ahead for the Adelaide players me thinks.

Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2