UncleHuey
Gingernuts
blueandwhite
bayman
the prowler
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval Empty Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 pm

South v Eagles

Saturday 30 August
Adelaide Oval

League: 7:40pm

Last Week
South 14.3.87 d Sturt 9.9.63 @ Hickinbotham Oval
Eagles 21.5.131 d West 10.8.68 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
South 9.11.65 d Eagles 8.11.59 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last 5 matches
South LWWWW
Eagles LLLLW

Both sides go into the match coming off big wins, but it's South who have the better form overall. Who will live on to fight another day.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

The Eagles will be a big worry

I think South will win out in the end by 11 points.

Go you Panthers.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Eagles to be in front at half time, only to get overrun by South in the second half, South by 17 points 12.12.84 to 10.7.67
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles to be in front at half time, only to get overrun by South in the second half, South by 17 points 12.12.84 to 10.7.67

Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval 1707509332 Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval 1707509332 Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval 1707509332

the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 am

I think we can get the job done here ..just need to win the battle of the onballers and limit quality delivery to the eagles forwards. We have the leg speed to hurt them on the wide open expanses of what was our home ground for 90 years.
It will be great to see the grand old blue and white gracing the Adelaide Oval again.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

Go you Panthers!

Gees I wish I could get to this game - would cost me too many wife credits though combined with the Adelaide game on Sunday, would definitely end up in the 'red zone' if I went to both. Haha.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Apart from beating West, the Eagles have looked off the boil for a month. South look more organised and motivated, they want it a bit more and will win by 15 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Dejavu for South to meet WWT in the finals, last time we participated in the finals we beat Glenelg only to be beaten by WWT the following week. Time for South to square up with WWT and win this week!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:32 pm

I like South too. South by a small margin.

Preliminary Final spot up for grabs. Whoever wins will beat Sturt the following week.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Go you Panthers!

Gees I wish I could get to this game - would cost me too many wife credits though combined with the Adelaide game on Sunday, would definitely end up in the 'red zone' if I went to both. Haha.

show your true colors & go on Saturday Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Woodville-West Torrens forward Adam Grocke has recovered from concussion to play in Saturday’s Elimination Final against South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
Grocke, who missed the Eagles’ Round 18 clash, has proven his health at training on Wednesday night to line-up for what could potentially be his last game of league football.
‘’He trained full on Wednesday night and the doctor has cleared him to play this week so he’s right to go,’’ Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said of Grocke, who announced last week that he would retire at season’s end.
‘’The plan at the start of the year was to have him (Grocke), (Andrew) Ainger and (Michael) Wundke up there all together and we haven’t had that too much this year with Grockes missing the amount of footy that he has.
‘’It will be great to have all of them up there (in attack).’’
Experienced midfielder Angus Rowntree could play his first league match this season after being included on the extended interchange bench.
Rowntree, who underwent a knee reconstruction last year, has played one game in the reserves since injuring his hamstring earlier this season. The well-built on-baller has played a total of three reserves matches in 2014.
‘’He performed well in the reserves on the weekend so he is a chance to come in this week,’’ Hentschel said.

F: Lloyd, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Allmond, Ainger, Grocke
C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Templeton, Batley
B: Lane, Giuffreda, P. Raymond

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: Rowntree, T. Whittlesea, Kane, Lodge, von Bertouch
IN: Grocke, Rowntree
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:39 pm

I will tip the Panthers to win this, better form for a longer period especially the back end of the season.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Your not a true Southie

Maybe a bandwaggoner.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Well done you Panthers!!!!

South Adelaide 13:11 (89)

def

Woodville West Torrens 10:9 (69)
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

did someone mention the word ...

blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 am

I'm not sure what you mean, B & W?

By the way, how did Wundke,Ainger and Boyd go. Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval 2678737410
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

Lee wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, B & W?

By the way, how did Wundke,Ainger and Boyd go. Elimination Final: South v Eagles - Saturday 30 August @ Adelaide Oval 2678737410

Wundke...went ok

Boyd....was useful at best

Ainger....if he took some of the marks he usually does but dropped some 'sitters' (for him) could have got momentum back & been a match winner

bottom line South were a lot lot more hungrier & played a team orientated game than the Eagles did......the standard was ordinary & a long way off the earlier game
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 am

the prowler wrote:

Your not a true Southie

Maybe a bandwaggoner.

Maybe? I'm absolutely a bandwaggoner prowler, could never claim to be a true southie. I have the upmost respect for you guys who've been with them through thick and thin. My first love is for the tri-colours unfortunately, much to the disgust of most posters on here! Laughing

All that said I did tune into the game on TV Saturday night and was super impressed with the Panthers. They looked so calm and composed even when the Eagles challenged them. Looked like they expected to win and played that way. A real chance against Sturt this week.

On a side note as well, thought the game was very well umpired. Hardly noticed them.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:46 pm

Gingernuts wrote:
the prowler wrote:

Your not a true Southie

Maybe a bandwaggoner.

Maybe? I'm absolutely a bandwaggoner prowler, could never claim to be a true southie. I have the upmost respect for you guys who've been with them through thick and thin. My first love is for the tri-colours unfortunately, much to the disgust of most posters on here!  Laughing

All that said I did tune into the game on TV Saturday night and was super impressed with the Panthers. They looked so calm and composed even when the Eagles challenged them. Looked like they expected to win and played that way. A real chance against Sturt this week.

On a side note as well, thought the game was very well umpired. Hardly noticed them.

Actually Ginge, I was a bit tongue in cheek towards you, however we will take on board as many on this forum that will get us over the line this Saturday, and get as many fit on the bandwaggon as possible.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum