Lee
the prowler
Paul
bayman
Brucetiki
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Norwood v West

Saturday 9 August
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Norwood 15.13.103 d North 7.8.50 @ Prospect Oval
West 12.7.79 lost to Glenelg 13.9.87 @ Gliderol Stadium

Last Time They Met
Norwood 7.13.55 d West 5.4.34 @ City Mazda Stadium

Ladder Position
Norwood 3rd 9-6 54.26%
West 9th 6-9 46.98%

Norwood gave their top 3 chances a boost with a big win over North, while West became one of the few teams to lose to Glenelg, all but ending their finals aspirations. Will Norwood notch up another big win, or will West cause an upset?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Norwood easily, very easily, lets say 10 goals plus
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Paul Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Norwood by 26
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:13 pm

sapaul wrote:Norwood by 26

points or goals ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Bayman, thats my line!
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 pm

sorry
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Have I said I hate Unley Oval before?

If I have, it's nothing compared to the dread I have going to what they refer to as Norwood Oval.

From the worst visitor's rooms in the League, to the ridiculous long walk from those visitor's rooms to the far away umpires' rooms under the western 'stand'*, the whole place reeks of enclosed paranoia and foulness.

The scoreboard operates on the 'delayed by 2 goals' method, the ground itself is designed for a congested rugby scrum style of play and the stands are peopledinhabited by a tribe last seen somewhere in the jungles of Gabon.

That tribe is of far superior morals and intellect than the ooze that inhabit the area around the race. Their sole reason for being is to mimic baboons at mating time, with bonus points for spitting on opposition players as they thankfully retreat to their rooms for infection control procedures.

I'm not looking forward to going there on Saturday.  Our clean living, brave West Adelaide lads have to front a United Nations of crooks, arms dealers and blaggards.  Once past those Norwood supporters, they're confronted by the Norwood players, all with names ending in 'os', or so it seems and all related to the umpires.

It's just not a good place to visit.  They still boo West over a minor accidental collision between Neil Kerley and a Norwood player 60 years ago. Elephants.

I'll be glad to leave, after seeing our boys overcome all the hurdles put in their way.  Back to the civilisation of Richmond and the honest, down to earth western suburbs.

West by 107 points.

* The western stand at Norwood is a world unto itself.  It exudes an underlying smell of urine and consists of a tunnel and numerous small rooms, some of which are rumoured to be still used by the CIA for interrogation and 're-education'.  

Note:  There may be some slight exaggeration above.

Round 16: Norwood v West - Saturday 9 August @ Coopers Stadium 4056091176
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Post of the year R&B, and a fairly accurate description of Coopers Stadium  Very Happy 

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 pm

2 things.

First, Weslo have declined to offer security for me at Norwood Oval on Saturday,

Second, I'm appalled that my account was hacked at about 9.56 last night. Especially considering the high regard in which I hold the good folk at The Parade.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Norwood's side:

F: Phillips, Newton, Dawe
HF: Smart, Davis, Donohue
C: Roocke, Panos, Jefferies
HB: Baldasso, A. Forster, Kirwan
B: Bode, McGuinness, Chippendale

R: Baulderstone, Webber, Bartlett
INT: Wicks, Reinbrecht, Wilson, M. Evans, Murphy
IN: Phillips, M. Evans, Murphy
OUT: Allan (dislocated wrist)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 pm

West's side:

F: Fielke, Still, Dijksman
HF: Beech, Hayes, Silverlock
C: Schiller, Hill, Fisher
HB: Caire, Carter, R. Anderson
B: Green, Keough, A. Anderson

R: P. Nelson, Tuck, Schmidt
INT: Homburg, Durdin, Newell, Birss, Favretto
IN: Dijksman, Newell, Carter, Favretto, Durdin
OUT: Webb (ankle), Bricknell, Stevens
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 pm

No doubt there'll be a host of AFL recruiters to see Sam Durdin make his league debut.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:26 am

Looking at Westies team, I would say Norwood by plenty.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:25 am

Bloods by 10 pts  Shocked 
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 am

It's not hostile at Norwood, R&B, that's just atmosphere. Like what there used to be at Richmond.

Very Happy 
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am

Quite right, Booney.

Next time I'll have to put up a big note before such posts, saying:

"TONGUE IN CHEEK ALERT"   Wink 

(Wait til I get to the Alberton summary   Very Happy  )
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 am

The Parade, Unley, Alberton.....happy hunting grounds?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

Low blow, Booney  Sad Embarassed 

Although I'd say our record at Alberton over recent times is pretty reasonable, so you can scrub Alberton off that list  Very Happy 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Norwood
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by ozrules Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Hope the wind's blowin'...Might get some goals between these two. He He. 
ozrules
ozrules

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Nice to catch up and have a chat with ex-West coach and Norwood legend, Michael Taylor today.

Can't remember much about the game at all, strangely.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Funny how that works R & B. How many West supporters there?
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:06 pm

sanflman wrote:Funny how that works R & B. How many West supporters there?

i'll bet there were more West supporters at Norwood than Crow supporters at the bay, which reminds me of the letter posted during the week that the crows are the second most supported team in the SANFL behind Norwood, how they can blatantly lie is beyond me
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:28 pm

I'd happily take that bet. They may not have been supporting the Crows on the day but I bet 50% of them would support the AFC overall.

Didn't see the letter during the week.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 am

bayman wrote:
sanflman wrote:Funny how that works R & B. How many West supporters there?

i'll bet there were more West supporters at Norwood than Crow supporters at the bay, which reminds me of the letter posted during the week that the crows are the second most supported team in the SANFL behind Norwood, how they can blatantly lie is beyond me  

Correct, Bayman. Our lowest crowd this year has been the Adelaide game.

When they're doing stats on game attendances, sanflman, take out the 'showdowns', which attract the non-SANFL followers and Adelaide would be down the list.

Take out the Taylor Walker game at the Bay and they'd be mums and dads proportions of the crowds.

Port get good crowds to the Adelaide games, bugger all to the SANFL games.

It's a worry.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum