Scrunch
Booney
howthewestwaswon
Gingernuts
15 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 Empty Re: R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port

Post by Paul Mon May 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Gingernuts wrote: - did you see anything worth cheering about Booney? It was shocking stuff.

The first minute was good.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 Empty Re: R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port

Post by Gingernuts Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Haha, yea it was. That's where it ended though!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Just watching Talking Footy and it reminded how good Dawes was on Saturday. He hasn't played that well since 2009  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Tue May 06, 2014 6:21 am

Haha Ginge!! Excellent post.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue May 06, 2014 9:06 am

testy wrote:GN, I think there is a worse thing and that would be supporting Richmond, they would have to be the most enduring fans of all time, being let down year after year.

No doubt, but I fear we are turning into Richmond MK2.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue May 06, 2014 9:29 am

I still think there is an inherant cultural problem with the Club to be honest, I've said it on here before.

The problem is that it's been built for off field success, which it has achieved masterfully over the journey really.

That's awesome and ultimately I'm very happy that my Club will likely never experience financial difficulty - however, I think this retail mindset has led to a consumer culture being perpetuated amongst the supporter base.

Instead of supporters being a part of the club, they are consumers of it. Adelaide has customers that go watch their games, rather than supporters or fans. We now have a situation where the Club is on one side of the counter, and the fan base is on the other.

The 'fans' expect a certain level of service or product, like food at a restaurant, and if they don't get it they turn on the Club and/or walk out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Club needs new blood at the helm.

Trigg and co. have build a solid financial foundation and they should be commended for that, but now that foundation has been built and consolidated we need someone who can come in return the Clubs priorities to matters of football and flags.

Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 06, 2014 9:52 am

Without question Ginge I believe the lack of clubrooms or supporter base has Adelaide distanced from their fans.

Sunday afternoon at Alberton some players were watching the Fremantle v West Coast clash in the bar at Alberton Oval. That player/supporter interaction is priceless, not just when things are going well either! Almost to a man when playing in Adelaide the AFL players make their way to watch the SANFL Magpies. There really is unity at the club and the supporters feel a huge part of that.

After match functions on the Riverbank Stand at Adelaide Oval are open to members for player presentations and match wrap ups. Port are connecting to the community as well as ever.

That's one thing Adelaide must strive for, less corporate feel and more community.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am

Booney wrote:Without question Ginge I believe the lack of clubrooms or supporter base has Adelaide distanced from their fans.

Sunday afternoon at Alberton some players were watching the Fremantle v West Coast clash in the bar at Alberton Oval. That player/supporter interaction is priceless, not just when things are going well either! Almost to a man when playing in Adelaide the AFL players make their way to watch the SANFL Magpies. There really is unity at the club and the supporters feel a huge part of that.

After match functions on the Riverbank Stand at Adelaide Oval are open to members for player presentations and match wrap ups. Port are connecting to the community as well as ever.

That's one thing Adelaide must strive for, less corporate feel and more community.

Yea good call Booney.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue May 06, 2014 10:59 am

Coming back to the on-field issues for Adelaide, I'd say there could be up to 5/6 changes before the Collingwood game.

If I was standing in front of the magnet board today I'd be looking at the following:

OUT:
Lynch (jaw)
Jaensch (ribs)
Petrenko (omit - barely sighted for a few weeks now)
L Brown (omit - tough call, but hasn't been anywhere near his best this year)
Hartigan (omit - another tough call, but got towelled up on the weekend)

IN:
Walker
Otten (can play either end)
Rutten (lack of pace a real concern, but it's clear we need his experience)
Martin/Lyon (play them as a small forward or off half back, both can be either)
Cameron (time to promote this kid from the rookie list and give hime a crack - I believe we have the room at the moment with Henderson & Van Berlo on the long term injury list)
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 06, 2014 11:48 am

I watched the Magpies v Crows game in patches Sunday and the rest of it last night, IMHO, Cameron isn't ready for AFL action. Logan toweled him up for most of the game and Tommy is a fair way off AFL selection.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:Without question Ginge I believe the lack of clubrooms or supporter base has Adelaide distanced from their fans.

I agree with what you said Booney, the Crows are a bit too "corporation" rather than football club.
But Port was doing this two years ago and was struggling to attract much over 20,000 to a game and having to hide the empty seats. What is worse, walking out at 3/4 time or not going at all?

Some fans are fair weather fans which is why the ovals are full when you are winning and half empty when you are not. Which is why Richmond supporters deserve a degree of respect for turning up every year to support an under performing team.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 am

Gingernuts wrote:Coming back to the on-field issues for Adelaide, I'd say there could be up to 5/6 changes before the Collingwood game.

If I was standing in front of the magnet board today I'd be looking at the following:

OUT:
Lynch (jaw)
Jaensch (ribs)
Petrenko (omit - barely sighted for a few weeks now)
L Brown (omit - tough call, but hasn't been anywhere near his best this year)
Hartigan (omit - another tough call, but got towelled up on the weekend)

IN:
Walker
Otten (can play either end)
Rutten (lack of pace a real concern, but it's clear we need his experience)
Martin/Lyon (play them as a small forward or off half back, both can be either)
Cameron (time to promote this kid from the rookie list and give hime a crack - I believe we have the room at the moment with Henderson & Van Berlo on the long term injury list)

Overlooked the small inclusion of Douglas.  Embarassed 

I actually think Douglas is more of a key to Adelaide's performance than many realise. It's no coincidence that we have been less than convincing in the last couple of weeks without him IMO.

The midfield has a lot more depth with him rotating through it, and he is always a consistent performer.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 am

What about Jacobs Ginge. Do you think he needs some help / "chop out" from time to time?

I know Jenkins does some work in there and may be free to do more with Walker back inside 50, but Jacobs has nearly rucked single handed since the start of 2013 and I think he and Adelaide have suffered because of it.

McKernan's fate seems to have been decided since he was tried early and dropped to the SANFL and Graham has hardly impressed to the point of Adelaide having to pick him.

How can they help Jacobs?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 07, 2014 9:44 am

Absolutely, I would almost rate Jacobs as our most important player.

Had we had the draft picks over the past couple of years you would think that one would've been used for a ruckman.

Also, had the Club had any forsight that Tippett was considering leaving, they should've done more to keep Maric.

It all comes back to Tippett. My greatest fear is that that saga has cost us another decent title shot for at least the next decade. Rolling Eyes 
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed May 07, 2014 9:56 am

I would say Adelaide would be very active in the trade / free agency period looking for ruckmen who are on the fringe.

One of which I hope Port look at, Scotty Lycett who as an Eyre Peninsula Magpie is behind Cox (albeit close to retirement), Natinui and perhaps the elevated rookie ( 200cm ) Callum Sinclair.

I would think Adelaide and Port must enquire, of they haven't already, into Lycett.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 07, 2014 10:04 am

It might sound silly, but I'd be looking at Keegan Brooksby.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 07, 2014 10:34 am

I'd be surprised if both SA clubs didn't make inquiries about Daniel Gorringe
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed May 07, 2014 10:50 am

I doubt there is any football position that is so crucial to a side, and yet also so difficult to recruit, than ruck.

So many football sides at every level seem to be on the look out for a 'decent' ruckman. Even at ammo and country level.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 am

Gingernuts wrote:I doubt there is any football position that is so crucial to a side, and yet also so difficult to recruit, than ruck.

So many football sides at every level seem to be on the look out for a 'decent' ruckman. Even at ammo and country level.

Otherwise they have to put up with 184cm ruckmen like me... (no joke there - that's the posi I'm playing this year).  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Or ask Trent Ormond-Allen.  Very Happy 
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 07, 2014 11:26 am

Gingernuts wrote:I doubt there is any football position that is so crucial to a side, and yet also so difficult to recruit, than ruck.

Probably because most clubs stopped using decent/early draft picks on them, so find themselves looking for mature age/size ruckmen if long term late picks haven't developed sufficiently.

Brodie Grundy was a much better draft prospect than his selected position. But Meeson, Angwin, DeLuca's etc weren't.

Sydney started the trend, and eventually most others cottoned on.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 07, 2014 11:26 am

testy wrote:GN, I think there is a worse thing and that would be supporting Richmond, they would have to be the most enduring fans of all time, being let down year after year.

Yep, and I'm still with them.  R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 3349184707 R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 3349184707 R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 3349184707 
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

redandblack wrote:It might sound silly, but I'd be looking at Keegan Brooksby.

he is definitely in career best form
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am

Gingernuts wrote:   she’s been carrying on like a half-metre high Hitler lately. So in essence the game was that bad that I preferred being a miniature dictators’ personal slave/chief architect, acting as her Albert Speer as she built her Fourth Reich out of train tracks and duplo for the benefit of her supreme Aryan nation of blue battery powered engines.

Oh my gosh GN - I laughed so hard at this - too funny! Laughing   Laughing 

Greatly written post, loved reading it.

In this roller coaster ride of being a crows supporter, here's hoping that they pull something out the bag against Collingwood.  And even though we are on this roller coaster ride, and seem to have trouble winning at home, I see the Collingwood game is already a sell out - so we are all still going along and watching and hoping.  I just hope it doesn't turn out Collingwood supporters outweigh the Crows supporters !!

R7 - Adelaide v Melbourne & GWS v Port - Page 3 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am

If they don't outweight Crows fans at the start of the game, odds are they will at some point in the final quarter going by current form unfortunately.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by valleys07 Thu May 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Absolutely, I would almost rate Jacobs as our most important player.

Had we had the draft picks over the past couple of years you would think that one would've been used for a ruckman.

Also, had the Club had any forsight that Tippett was considering leaving, they should've done more to keep Maric.

It all comes back to Tippett. My greatest fear is that that saga has cost us another decent title shot for at least the next decade. Rolling Eyes 

If, and when, Tippett comes to adelaide to play the crows, I will have to buy a ticket to that game I think. 50,000 adelaide fans armed with pitchforks will be worth the admission price alone  Very Happy 

"I went to rip into Kurt Tippet at AO, and a game of footy broke out"  Laughing 
valleys07
valleys07

Teams : Port Adelaide, Port Power, Hope Valley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next